ROH: Bernstein Centenary (12A)
Connaught Theatre, Union Place, Worthing
Thursday March 27, 7.15pm
Tickets £16.50/child and senior £15.50/student £14.50
To celebrate the centenary year of the birth of the composer Leonard Bernstein, one of the first classical composers in America to receive popular and critical acclaim, The Royal Ballet has got together its three associate choreographers to celebrate his music. Bernstein wrote the scores for West Side Story and Fancy Free with Jerome Robbins. The programme includes two world premieres by choreographer Wayne McGregor and artistic associate Christopher Wheeldon, as well as the first revival of Artist in Residence Liam Scarlett’s The Age of Anxiety, created in 2014 to Bernstein’s Second Symphony and inspired by W H Auden’s modernist poem.
Phone 01903 206206 or visit worthingtheatres.co.uk.
Exhibition on Screen Encore: Vincent Van Gogh
The Capitol Horsham, North Street, Horsham
Tuesday March 27, 7.30pm
Tickets £14/concs £12
This award-winning documentary by David Bickerstaff delves into the fascinating and troubled world of the artist Vincent Van Gogh, showcasing his iconic works and featuring interview with the curatorial team at the Van Gogh Museum.
Phone 01403 750220 or visit thecapitolhorsham.com.
- The inspirational story of a pioneering woman who helped create the WRNS is told in an exhibition in her family home Standen House
- World-class musicians will bring a renowned chamber music festival to a crescendo as it celebrates its 20th anniversary
- And The Beat goes on… with a new album out, 70s ska band The Beat are about to kick off a tour that’s coming to Brighton
- Fearne Cotton and a host of celebrities find fundraising to help endangered orangutans a piece of cake
- Four actors and four musicians blend to create the melody of melancholy in a production by one of Europe’s most exciting theatre directors