07/02/2018 - 31/03/2018
Pembury House, Ditching Road (New Road) Clayton, Hassocks
February and March
Admission £9/children free. Visitors welcome by arrangement
Around 100 gardens in the National Garden Scheme are opening as part of its Snowdrop Festival and Pembury House is one of them. Its two-acre country garden, with winding paths, has snowdrops and hellebores and visitors can enjoy views of the South Downs National Park.
Phone 01273 842805 or visit pemburyhouse.co.uk.
22/03/2018 - 24/03/2018
Sussex CAMRA Beer & Cider Festival
Brighton Racecourse, Freshfield Road, Brighton
Thursday-Saturday March 22-24, 5pm-10pm on Thursday, 11am-3pm and 5pm-10pm on Friday, 11am-7pm and 3.30pm-7pm on Saturday
At the 28th Sussex CAMRA Beer & Cider Festival, the popular Sussex Bar will showcase the county’s 60 breweries. All the beer will be cooled throughout the festival to ensure excellent condition throughout, and there will be food, including vegetarian and vegan options. Picture: Sean Clarke.
- The inspirational story of a pioneering woman who helped create the WRNS is told in an exhibition in her family home Standen House
- World-class musicians will bring a renowned chamber music festival to a crescendo as it celebrates its 20th anniversary
- And The Beat goes on… with a new album out, 70s ska band The Beat are about to kick off a tour that’s coming to Brighton
- Fearne Cotton and a host of celebrities find fundraising to help endangered orangutans a piece of cake
- Four actors and four musicians blend to create the melody of melancholy in a production by one of Europe’s most exciting theatre directors