10:30 am - 1:30 pm
Magnolias: Every Garden Should Have One
Borde Hill Garden, Borde Hill Lane, Haywards Heath
Thursday March 22, 10.30am-1.30pm
Tickets £26/RHS members and Friends £20
Horticulturalist Jim Gardiner, the RHS’s vice president, draws on his RHS experience and his passion for magnolias to advise on the best varieties to grow and gives tips on planting and caring for them. Following the talk, there is a private tour of the garden, when Jim will unveil a new Gardiner Grove planted with specimen magnolias and birches to mark the 125th anniversary of the purchase of Borde Hill by Colonel Stephenson R Clarke in 1893. Borde Hill boasts one of the finest collections of magnolias in England, with many listed as ‘Champion’ trees.
Phone 01444 450326 or visit bordehill.co.uk.
An Evening with Ant Middleton
Assembly Hall, Stoke Abbott Road, Worthing
Thursday March 22, 7.30pm
Tickets £24/concs £22.50/FWT £20.50
Adventurer, survival expert, TV presenter and former elite forces soldier Ant Middleton shares his experiences and exploit as an explorer and expedition leader. He has taken on some extraordinary challenges in the military and for his TV roles in SAS (Who Dares Wins), Mutiny and Escape. As well as relating his life in the military, he goes behind the scenes of his TV shows to give an insight into what really goes on, and reveals his future TV projects.
Phone 01903 206206 or visit worthingtheatres.co.uk.
- The inspirational story of a pioneering woman who helped create the WRNS is told in an exhibition in her family home Standen House
- World-class musicians will bring a renowned chamber music festival to a crescendo as it celebrates its 20th anniversary
- And The Beat goes on… with a new album out, 70s ska band The Beat are about to kick off a tour that’s coming to Brighton
- Fearne Cotton and a host of celebrities find fundraising to help endangered orangutans a piece of cake
- Four actors and four musicians blend to create the melody of melancholy in a production by one of Europe’s most exciting theatre directors