07/02/2018 - 31/03/2018
Pembury House, Ditching Road (New Road) Clayton, Hassocks
February and March
Admission £9/children free. Visitors welcome by arrangement
Around 100 gardens in the National Garden Scheme are opening as part of its Snowdrop Festival and Pembury House is one of them. Its two-acre country garden, with winding paths, has snowdrops and hellebores and visitors can enjoy views of the South Downs National Park.
Phone 01273 842805 or visit pemburyhouse.co.uk.
27/02/2018 - 18/03/2018
Hastings International Musical Festival
White Rock Theatre, White Rock, Hastings
Monday February 27-Saturday March 18
Hastings International Musical Festival, in its 109th year, takes place over three weeks at the White Rock Theatre in Hastings and is a charity that focuses on providing performance opportunities for young performers in dancing, singing, speech and instrumental. Young pianists come from all over the world to compete in the prestigious International Piano Concerto Competition.
Phone 01424 462288 or visit whiterocktheatre.org.uk.
16/03/2018 - 17/03/2018
7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Ale & Arty: Bexhill Beer Festival
De La Warr Pavilion, Marina, Bexhill-on-Sea
Friday and Saturday March 16 and 17, 7pm-11pm
The popular charity Beer & Music Festival returns to the De La Warr Pavilion for two sessions over two days. There will be also be cider and perry, plus musical entertainment with performances from 1066 Rockitmen, The Cavemen, MT Vessels & The Cavaliers and others. Event organiser Perry Puddefoot says, “The festival offers a wide selection of good and tasty ales to please the most discerning drinker at what is always a well supported and extremely popular event”. Last year’s festival raised around £7,500 for charitable causes including Sara Lee Trust.
Phone 01424 229111 or visit dlwp.com.
- The inspirational story of a pioneering woman who helped create the WRNS is told in an exhibition in her family home Standen House
- World-class musicians will bring a renowned chamber music festival to a crescendo as it celebrates its 20th anniversary
- And The Beat goes on… with a new album out, 70s ska band The Beat are about to kick off a tour that’s coming to Brighton
- Fearne Cotton and a host of celebrities find fundraising to help endangered orangutans a piece of cake
- Four actors and four musicians blend to create the melody of melancholy in a production by one of Europe’s most exciting theatre directors