17/03/2018 - 22/09/2018
Bear Grylls Survival Academy: Adult Survival Course
Cowdray Estate, Midhurst
Course dates: March 17-18, April 7-8, September 15-16 and September 22-23
This intense 24-hour survival experience teaches life-saving skills and attitudes such as resourceful and calm under pressure. Students have no tent and limited food and water rations, with participants expected to source food and water from streams and pools. The Cowdray Estate was chosen as a location for its varied terrain, including dense woodland, a long stretch of the Rover Rother, lakes and steep difficult ground. Bear says, “I am super excited our Survival Academy is running at Cowdray. The courses on the estate are designed to be both challenging and empowering. They require courage, determination, positivity and a ‘never give up’ attitude.” Participants must be physically fit and active.
1:45 pm - 5:15 pm
St Patrick’s Raceday
Fontwell Park Racecourse, Arundel Road, Fontwell, Arundel
Saturday March 17, first race 1.40pm, last race 5.10pm
Enjoy the craic on St Patrick’s Day at Fontwell Park, when there will be seven jump races, live Irish music and all the action from the final day of the RBS 6 Nations in the beer & rugby tent.
Phone 01243 543335 or visit fontwellpark.co.uk.
- The inspirational story of a pioneering woman who helped create the WRNS is told in an exhibition in her family home Standen House
- World-class musicians will bring a renowned chamber music festival to a crescendo as it celebrates its 20th anniversary
- And The Beat goes on… with a new album out, 70s ska band The Beat are about to kick off a tour that’s coming to Brighton
- Fearne Cotton and a host of celebrities find fundraising to help endangered orangutans a piece of cake
- Four actors and four musicians blend to create the melody of melancholy in a production by one of Europe’s most exciting theatre directors