15/03/2018 - 16/03/2018
On The Town
Regis Centre, Belmont Street, Bognor Regis
Thursday and Friday March 15 and 16, 7.30pm
Tickets £14/concs £12/NUS and u16s £8/school groups and day centre groups £5/groups of 20+ £3
On The Town is a love affair with New York City, a musical comedy that celebrates the city’s high culture to its low-brow street smarts. It follows three sailors and the women they come across, its laugh-out-loud comedy contrasting with the heartbreaking possibility that this might be the last time they will ever see the city. It’s performed by the University of Chichester Touring Company, with music by Leonard Bernstein, directed by Karen Howard, choreographed by Damien Delaney and a West End band under Dustin Conrad.
Phone 01243 861010 or visit alexandratheatre.co.uk.
The Barron Knights
Chequer Mead Community Arts Centre, De La Warr Road, East Grinstead
Thursday March 15, 7.30pm
The Barron Knights, the only group to have toured with the Beatles and twice with the Rolling Stones, and who are infamous for their parodic take of Killer Queen and Windmills of Your Mind, are on their last tour. Their musicianship, harmonies and humour led to their peers calling them The Guv’nors.
Phone 01342 302000 or visit chequermead.org.uk.
- The inspirational story of a pioneering woman who helped create the WRNS is told in an exhibition in her family home Standen House
- World-class musicians will bring a renowned chamber music festival to a crescendo as it celebrates its 20th anniversary
- And The Beat goes on… with a new album out, 70s ska band The Beat are about to kick off a tour that’s coming to Brighton
- Fearne Cotton and a host of celebrities find fundraising to help endangered orangutans a piece of cake
- Four actors and four musicians blend to create the melody of melancholy in a production by one of Europe’s most exciting theatre directors