James Phelan: Trickster
Chequer Mead Community Arts Centre, De La Warr Road, East Grinstead
Sunday March 10, 7.30pm
Tickets £14.50/pensioners and children £12.50
This is a magic show with a difference: James Phelan performs a comedy magical prank show in which anything can happen – and often does. People are tricked, phones are destroyed, needles are swallowed, all under the magic spell of James, who is the nephew of the late Paul Daniels.
Phone 01342 302000 or visit chequermead.org.uk.
Brighton Centre, Kings Road, Brighton
Saturday March 10, 8pm
Tickets from £39.05
Comedy superstar John Bishop, the king of the one-liners, has a new show called Winging It and he’s touring the country with it. His most recent TV appearances have been on his show John Bishop: In Conversation With… and he’s also hosted The John Bishop Show and John Bishop’s Gorilla Adventure among others.
Phone 0844 847 1515 or visit brightoncentre.co.uk.
- The inspirational story of a pioneering woman who helped create the WRNS is told in an exhibition in her family home Standen House
- World-class musicians will bring a renowned chamber music festival to a crescendo as it celebrates its 20th anniversary
- And The Beat goes on… with a new album out, 70s ska band The Beat are about to kick off a tour that’s coming to Brighton
- Fearne Cotton and a host of celebrities find fundraising to help endangered orangutans a piece of cake
- Four actors and four musicians blend to create the melody of melancholy in a production by one of Europe’s most exciting theatre directors