24/02/2018 - 04/03/2018
Rye Bay Scallop Week
Saturday February 24-Sunday March 4
Various venues in Rye and district
It’s shucking time again. More than 30 restaurants in Rye are putting together scallop dishes in preparation for this year’s Rye Bay Scallop Week, an opportunity to indulge in seafood delights. The most popular ingredient this year is chorizo, with garlic, coriander, lemon and chilli also being paired with scallops. Among the events during the week are tasting events, cookery schools and demonstrations, plus live music. Picture: scallops at the Flackley Ash Hotel, Peasmarsh.
Read our feature on Rye Bay Scallop Week.
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Bluebell Farmhouse Kitchen Cookery School, Bates Green Farm, Tye Hill Road, Arlington
Thursday March 1, 10am-3.30pm
Learn how to make pastry and meat pies and other homecooked dishes that are seasonal. Ingredients and recipes are provided and the food you make goes home with you.
Phone 01323 483145 or visit bluebellfarmhousekitchen.co.uk.
- Join quirky artist David Shrigley on his voyage of discovery as guest director of this year’s Brighton Festival
- Works by the artist who created drawings by torchlight of scenes from a John Osborne play go on view for the first time since the 1970s
- Meet the stuntman who has been set on fire more than 100 times – and loves it!
- Comedian George Egg dishes up delicious gourmet meals using power tools and gardening equipment from his shed in his new show
- Discover the extraordinary work of a virtually unknown and unrecognised textile designer in a new exhibition