07/02/2018 - 31/03/2018
Pembury House, Ditching Road (New Road) Clayton, Hassocks
February and March
Admission £9/children free. Visitors welcome by arrangement
Around 100 gardens in the National Garden Scheme are opening as part of its Snowdrop Festival and Pembury House is one of them. Its two-acre country garden, with winding paths, has snowdrops and hellebores and visitors can enjoy views of the South Downs National Park.
Phone 01273 842805 or visit pemburyhouse.co.uk.
10:30 am - 3:00 pm
The Old Vicarage, The Street, Washington
Sunday February 25, 10.30am-3pm
Admission £5/children free
Around 100 gardens in the National Garden Scheme are opening as part of its Snowdrop Festival and The Old Vicarage is one of them. The three-and-a-half acre gardens are set around an 1832 Regency house and has a formal front garden with a rear garden featuring mature trees from the 19th century as well as newer trees and a water garden as well as a Japanese garden. There’s a new meadow area that has 10,000 mixed bulbs. Picture: NGS.
Phone 07766 761926 or visit ngs.org.uk.
- Works by the artist who created drawings by torchlight of scenes from a John Osborne play go on view for the first time since the 1970s
- Meet the stuntman who has been set on fire more than 100 times – and loves it!
- Comedian George Egg dishes up delicious gourmet meals using power tools and gardening equipment from his shed in his new show
- Discover the extraordinary work of a virtually unknown and unrecognised textile designer in a new exhibition
- Pop art presented as an attitude with a lasting legacy is celebrated in a major exhibition