The Big Sick (15)
Ropetackle Arts Centre, Little High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea
Thursday February 22, 2pm
In this 2017 movie, a Pakistani-born comedian and a student fall in love but as their cultures clash, they are forced to confront family expectations and their true feelings. It stars Kumail Nanjiani, Zoe Kazan and Holly Hunter.
Phone 01273 464440 or visit ropetacklecentre.co.uk.
NT: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Connaught Theatre, Union Place, Worthing
Thursday February 22, 7pm
Tickets £14.50/concs £13.50
Broadcast live from the National Theatre is the all-star revival of the 20th century masterpiece by Tennessee Williams. Hollywood actors Jack O’Connell, Sienna Miller and Colm Meaney star with Call The Midwife actress Hayley Squires in the play set on a steamy night in Mississippi. A Southern family gather at their cotton plantation to celebrate Big Daddy’s birthday. The scorching heat is almost as oppressive as the lies they tell. Brick and Maggie dance round the secrets and sexual tensions that threaten to destroy their marriage. With the future of the family at stake, which version of the truth is real – and which will win out? The production is directed by Benedict Andrews.
Phone 01903 206206 or visit worthingtheatres.co.uk.
- Works by the artist who created drawings by torchlight of scenes from a John Osborne play go on view for the first time since the 1970s
- Meet the stuntman who has been set on fire more than 100 times – and loves it!
- Comedian George Egg dishes up delicious gourmet meals using power tools and gardening equipment from his shed in his new show
- Discover the extraordinary work of a virtually unknown and unrecognised textile designer in a new exhibition
- Pop art presented as an attitude with a lasting legacy is celebrated in a major exhibition