07/02/2018 - 31/03/2018
Pembury House, Ditching Road (New Road) Clayton, Hassocks
February and March
Admission £9/children free. Visitors welcome by arrangement
Around 100 gardens in the National Garden Scheme are opening as part of its Snowdrop Festival and Pembury House is one of them. Its two-acre country garden, with winding paths, has snowdrops and hellebores and visitors can enjoy views of the South Downs National Park.
Phone 01273 842805 or visit pemburyhouse.co.uk.
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Getting the Garden Ready
Great Dixter, Northiam, Rye
Monday February 19, 10am-4.30pm
Great Dixter’s head gardener Fergus Garrett takes participants on a look behind the scenes at the preparation and planning that happens to get such a complex garden ready through the winter for spring and summer. During this in-depth ‘how to’ event, there will be a look t the garden timetable. composting and soil preparation, weeding, thinning out of self-sowers, working off boards, splitting, dividing and planting self-sowers, timing of seed sowing and pricking out, choosing annuals and pruning. Refreshments and lunch are included.
Phone 01797 252878 or visit greatdixter.co.uk.
- Works by the artist who created drawings by torchlight of scenes from a John Osborne play go on view for the first time since the 1970s
- Meet the stuntman who has been set on fire more than 100 times – and loves it!
- Comedian George Egg dishes up delicious gourmet meals using power tools and gardening equipment from his shed in his new show
- Discover the extraordinary work of a virtually unknown and unrecognised textile designer in a new exhibition
- Pop art presented as an attitude with a lasting legacy is celebrated in a major exhibition