10/01/2018 - 21/02/2018
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Creative Writing Workshop
The Hawth, Hawth Avenue, Crawley
Wednesdays January 10-February 21, 2pm-4pm
Tickets £6 per session
This six-week course, which marks The Hawth’s 30th anniversary, provides plenty of writing practice and teaches a wide range of techniques. It aims for participants to produce a collection of stories for the theatre’s 30th anniversary celebrations, drawing inspiration from the place, its people and its history.
Phone 01293 553636 or visit parkwoodtheatres.co.uk.
The Basement, Argus Lofts, 24 Kensington Street, Brighton
Friday February 16, 7.30pm
Tickets £6.50/open mic concession £3
Brighton’s new spoken word showcase features top UK artists, local musicians, a poet in residence, poetry film and an open mic. Hosted by Rosy Carrick and featuring Anthony Anaxagorou (above), poet in residence Sea SharpMusic (below), and Chuck S J Hay. Each month will have a theme and this one is ‘change’. The performers will share work interpreting the theme. To take part, email email@example.com.
Phone 01273 709709 or visit brightondome.org.
- Join quirky artist David Shrigley on his voyage of discovery as guest director of this year’s Brighton Festival
- Works by the artist who created drawings by torchlight of scenes from a John Osborne play go on view for the first time since the 1970s
- Meet the stuntman who has been set on fire more than 100 times – and loves it!
- Comedian George Egg dishes up delicious gourmet meals using power tools and gardening equipment from his shed in his new show
- Discover the extraordinary work of a virtually unknown and unrecognised textile designer in a new exhibition