10/01/2018 - 21/02/2018
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Creative Writing Workshop
The Hawth, Hawth Avenue, Crawley
Wednesdays January 10-February 21, 2pm-4pm
Tickets £6 per session
This six-week course, which marks The Hawth’s 30th anniversary, provides plenty of writing practice and teaches a wide range of techniques. It aims for participants to produce a collection of stories for the theatre’s 30th anniversary celebrations, drawing inspiration from the place, its people and its history.
Phone 01293 553636 or visit parkwoodtheatres.co.uk.
Jo Swinson MP
Ropetackle Arts Centre, Little High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea
Thursday February 15, 7pm
Jo Swinson, deputy leader of the Liberal Democrats and former government minister for women, discusses her new book Equal Power, which holds a mirror up to society showing the extent of gender inequality while making the case that everyone has the power to create change. There is much we can do as friends, consumers, parents and colleagues to create a world of equal power and in her book, she outlines the steps we can take to make society gender equal. The event is organised by City Books, Hove.
Phone 01273 464440 or visit ropetacklecentre.co.uk.
- Join quirky artist David Shrigley on his voyage of discovery as guest director of this year’s Brighton Festival
- Works by the artist who created drawings by torchlight of scenes from a John Osborne play go on view for the first time since the 1970s
- Meet the stuntman who has been set on fire more than 100 times – and loves it!
- Comedian George Egg dishes up delicious gourmet meals using power tools and gardening equipment from his shed in his new show
- Discover the extraordinary work of a virtually unknown and unrecognised textile designer in a new exhibition