07/02/2018 - 31/03/2018
Pembury House, Ditching Road (New Road) Clayton, Hassocks
February and March
Admission £9/children free. Visitors welcome by arrangement
Around 100 gardens in the National Garden Scheme are opening as part of its Snowdrop Festival and Pembury House is one of them. Its two-acre country garden, with winding paths, has snowdrops and hellebores and visitors can enjoy views of the South Downs National Park.
Phone 01273 842805 or visit pemburyhouse.co.uk.
10/02/2018 - 18/02/2018
Brighton Science Festival
Saturday-Sunday February 10-18
Various venues in Brighton and Hove
Tickets: various prices
Brighton Science Festival, which started a decade ago, is aimed at 12-14-year-olds to play, experiment, discover and share experiences. It aims to “build bridges between science and people”, according to its director Richard Robinson, and to make science irresistible to young people. Events include Slime Time, When Magic and Science Collide with Oliver Meech, Makerlab Monsters, Potions and Commotions, Look Up!, Arctic Adventure Workshop, Monster-Make Half-Term, Minecraft Dinosaur Dig, Rocket Factory with a chance to design, build and fly your own rocket on Brighton Beach, Balloon Car Races, Great Green Inventors, Shadow Studio Workshop, Mystery at Frankenstein Castle, TV scientist Dr Emily Grossman’s Weird and Wonderful Science Facts and much more.
Read our feature on the Brighton Science Festival.
Phone 01273 777628 or visit brightonscience.com.
- A vocal and visual feast of world-class opera: this year’s Glyndebourne Festival
- Join quirky artist David Shrigley on his voyage of discovery as guest director of this year’s Brighton Festival
- Works by the artist who created drawings by torchlight of scenes from a John Osborne play go on view for the first time since the 1970s
- Meet the stuntman who has been set on fire more than 100 times – and loves it!
- Comedian George Egg dishes up delicious gourmet meals using power tools and gardening equipment from his shed in his new show