07/02/2018 - 31/03/2018
Pembury House, Ditching Road (New Road) Clayton, Hassocks
February and March
Admission £9/children free. Visitors welcome by arrangement
Around 100 gardens in the National Garden Scheme are opening as part of its Snowdrop Festival and Pembury House is one of them. Its two-acre country garden, with winding paths, has snowdrops and hellebores and visitors can enjoy views of the South Downs National Park.
Phone 01273 842805 or visit pemburyhouse.co.uk.
12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Behind the Scenes at Great Dixter
Great Dixter, Northiam, Rye
Monday February 12, 12.30pm-3.30pm
Great Dixter gardener Michael Wachter leads an exploration of the borders at Great Dixter to see the plants that are looking good and give an insight into the work behind it. Light refreshments are included.
Phone 01797 254048 or visit greatdixter.co.uk.
- Works by the artist who created drawings by torchlight of scenes from a John Osborne play go on view for the first time since the 1970s
- Meet the stuntman who has been set on fire more than 100 times – and loves it!
- Comedian George Egg dishes up delicious gourmet meals using power tools and gardening equipment from his shed in his new show
- Discover the extraordinary work of a virtually unknown and unrecognised textile designer in a new exhibition
- Pop art presented as an attitude with a lasting legacy is celebrated in a major exhibition