Brighton Racecourse, Freshfield Road, Brighton
Sunday September 2, first race 2pm, last race 5pm
Tickets £17 in advance
This is the last race meet of the summer at Brighton Racecourse, which is set high above the sea and overlooks Brighton and the surrounding countryside. There will be seven races and it’s also the Sunday Social, which includes entertainment for children, including kids’ horse racing and face paints.
Phone 01273 603580 or visit brighton-racecourse.co.uk.
End of Summer Family Fun Day!
Fontwell Park Racecourse, Arundel Road, Fontwell, Arundel
Sunday September 9, first race 2pm, last race 5.30pm
Enjoy seven jump races on this family day, which features new attractions for 2018 as well as returning favourites including the funfair, inflatables and face painting. The entertainment on the day is free.
Phone 01243 543335 or visit fontwellpark.co.uk.
Living History Day
Arundel Castle, Arundel
Sunday September 16, 10am-3.30pm
Raven Tor Living History Group will demonstrate life in a 12th century castle, with costume, crafts and combat.
Phone 01903 882173 or visit arundelcastle.org.
- Works by the artist who created drawings by torchlight of scenes from a John Osborne play go on view for the first time since the 1970s
- Meet the stuntman who has been set on fire more than 100 times – and loves it!
- Comedian George Egg dishes up delicious gourmet meals using power tools and gardening equipment from his shed in his new show
- Discover the extraordinary work of a virtually unknown and unrecognised textile designer in a new exhibition
- Pop art presented as an attitude with a lasting legacy is celebrated in a major exhibition